Bishop’s Stortford Town Council are holding a Covid secure Remembrance event on Sunday 14 November in Castle Gardens. It will be a carefully choreographed event in the form of a static parade and a short service, strictly socially distanced, and with a very limited public audience. The commemoration will be lived streamed to Youtube.
70 free tickets are available to attend the event, to apply visit:https://www.bishopsstortfordtc.gov.uk/content/remembrance-draw no later than 1 November at midnight. Entries are placed in a draw and 70 are chosen at random. Successful entries are allocated a space and given a ticket. Do not attend if you do not have a ticket, there will be no access to the site. A paper version of the form is available at the Tourist Information Centre, 2 Market Square Bishop's Stortford CM23 3UU, 01279 715001
From the 70 tickets allocated, 6 will be chosen at random to lay a wreath during the service on behalf of Bishop’s Stortford’s:
- military organizations or groups including cadets
- uniformed services such as police
- churches and places of worship
- schools and childrens’ groups such as scouts, brownies
- charities and voluntary organizations
- residents and businesses
When the service ends and after the audience has dispersed personal tributes or tributes on behalf of your particular organization or group can be laid.
If you are a representative of a military organization/group including cadets or a professional (paid/unpaid) uniformed services such as Police and would like to take part in the static parade contact the Tourist Information Centre 2 Market Square Bishop's Stortford CM23 3UU, 01279 715001.
Here are some things we will be implementing to make the event safe:
- Staggered arrival times with a safe route around the site. Socially distanced allocated places for audience members, wreath layers and parade participants
- Hand sanitizer will be available for you to use
- Stewards will be wearing masks and/or visors and we will have use of gloves, wipes and sanitizer. We will be strongly recommending anyone who attends also wears a face covering
- Everyone will be asked whether if they or anyone in their household or support bubble are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or if they have travelled abroad and need to isolate upon their return or have travelled from or visited a place with a local intervention
- Our equipment will be sanitized and our suppliers will be following the most up to date Covid guidance
Our full Risk Assessment is available upon request.