Neighbourhood Planning is the way for the local community to have a direct say in development. Two Neighbourhood Plans cover Bishop’s Stortford (and a part of Thorley Parish). These were completed in 2015 and 2017 and adopted following extensive public consultation and a referendum on each plan. These, together with the District Plan, contain the policies against which all planning applications are assessed.
Bishop’s Stortford Town Council is now undertaking a limited revision of the two Neighbourhood Plans to bring them up to date. This revision, like the original plan, is being created by a team of dedicated volunteers representing all sections of the Community and overseen by the Town Council. The principal changes that we are proposing comprise:
- New sections on Climate Change and the Town Centre
- Extensive revisions to the sections on Green Infrastructure and Transport
- Lesser revisions to other sections of the plan including changes so that policies (except site-specific policies) are the same for the whole town
To find out more you can:
- Watch this introductory video (about 10 minutes) which explains the plan and the major changes
- Read this short document (which was also distributed to the houses in the Neighbourhood Area). You can also view an extended version with more detail.
- Read the documents which make up the draft plan:
- Neighbourhood Plan for Silverleys and Meads Wards 1st Revision
- Neighbourhood Plan for All Saints, Central, South and part of Thorley 1st Revision
- Neighbourhood Plan for Bishop's Stortford and Part of Thorley Parish Shared Policies 1st Revision (this is the most important document, so if you read one only, read this one)
- Neighbourhood Plan for Bishop's Stortford and Part of Thorley Parish Policy Maps 1st Revision
- Neighbourhood Plan for Bishop's Stortford and Part of Thorley Parish Appendices 1st Revision
- Join the team in our virtual consultation sessions (via Zoom). These will be held between 10am and 4pm on 18th and 20th February 2021 and between 6pm and 9pm on 8th March. You can stay for as much or as little time as you wish and the team will be there to answer your questions. You can join via this link, by launching Zoom and using meeting ID ID: 882 6174 3391, Passcode: 444940 or by phone on 020 3901 7895
Call us on 01279 715000 and request that a member of the team call you back
We need your feedback. You can comment by:
- Completing our online form here (preferred method)
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to us at Bishop's Stortford Neighbourhood Plan, Bishop's Stortford Town Council, The Old Monastery, Windhill, Bishop's Stortford, CM23 2ND
Please note that this is a consultation under Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012. The six week consultation period commences on 8th February 2021 and ends on 22nd March 2021.
Stay informed on our latest news by subscribing to our newsletter!