Localism and Strategy Committee
Cllr C Woodward (ex-officio)
Cllr Mrs A Baptista
Cllr G Jones
Cllr T Page
Cllr S Stainsby
Cllr A Ward-Booth (Chairman)
To review periodically, in consultation with all Councillors and Council Committees, the strategic objectives for the Council (the “Council Strategy”) and seek Council adoption of these.
To implement a framework for the delivery of the Council Strategy which includes:
- Allocating strategic deliverables to Council Committees
- Resolving any conflict/uncertainty as to responsibilities for delivery of the Council Strategy
- Formulating and delivering strategies to influence external bodies where required to execute the council strategy
- Assisting Committees, Councillors and Officers in delivering the strategy where requested.
- Determining opportunities for Council activity arising out of the Localism Bill.
- Monitoring the progress of the Council Strategy and provide summary period reports to Council